1. Nowadays I hear lot about Anna Hazare, India Against Corruption, Lok Pal Bill etc…. Who is Anna Hazare?
Anna Hazare is ex-army man. Fought 1965 Indo-Pak War. He built a MODEL village Ralegaon Siddhi in Ahamad Nagar district, Maharashtra and doing lot more a bachelor for more than 50 years.
2. So what?
This village is a self-sustained model village. Energy is produced in the village itself from solar power, bio-fuel and wind mills. In 1975, it used to be a poverty clad village. Now it is one of the richest village in India. It has become a model for self-sustained, eco-friendly & harmonic village.
This guy, Anna Hazare was awarded Padma Bhushan and is a known figure for his social activities.
4.And what is India Against Corruption?
India Against Corruption is the people moment aroused after his fasting from April 5th to April 9th for Lok Pal bill
5. Really, what is he was fighting for by hunger strike done from April 5th to April 9th?
He was supporting a cause, the amendment of a law to curb corruption in India.
6. How that can be possible?
He is advocating for a Bil, The Jan Lokpal Bill (The Citizen Ombudsman Bill), that will form an autonomous authority who will make politicians (ministers), beurocrats (IAS/IPS) accountable for their deeds.
7. It's an entirely new thing right..?
In 1972, the bill was proposed by then Law minister Mr. Shanti Bhushan. Since then it has been neglected by the politicians and some are trying to change the bill to suit thier theft (corruption).
8. Oh.. What was achieved by the hunger strike started on April 5th, Is the the Bill Passed?
The government came forward and announced that the bill is going to be passed.
Next, They made a joint committee to DRAFT the JAN LOKPAL BILL. 50% government participation and 50% public participation.
9. When will the DRAFT of the JAN LOKPAL BILL will be available?
It should be completed and presented BEFORE 30th June.
10. After that it come to effect?
No. It will then be submitted in parliament for Passing the ACT which should be done in coming monsoon session starting from July.
11. Fine, What will happen when this bill is passed?
A LokPal will be appointed at the centre. He will have an autonomous charge, say like the Election Commission of India. In each and every state, Lokayukta will be appointed. The job is to bring all alleged party to trial in case of corruptions within 1 year. Within 2 years, the guilty will be punished. Not like, Bofors scam or Bhopal Gas Tragedy case, that has been going for last 25 years without any result.
WE CAN CEIZE ALL THE CORRUPT MONEY FROM THE POLITICIANS AND BEAUROCRUTS
12. That sounds great…. That can make India Debt free and wealthy. But what if the bill is NOT passed in the Monsoon session???
We all need to comeout again EVEN stonger than now to fight for our BETTERMENT.
12. Is he alone? Whoelse is there in the fight with Anna Hazare?
Baba Ramdev, Ex. IPS Kiran Bedi, Social Activist Swami Agnivesh, RTI activist Arvind Kejriwal and many more. Prominent personalities like Aamir Khan is supporting his cause.
13. Ok, got it. What can I do?
Learn more about the Lok Pal bill and keep updating on latest happenings.
And SPREAD it to as much people as possible.
14. Where can I get info about this?
Visit : www.indiaagainstcorruption.org , http://www.lokpalbillconsultation.org/
Join Facebook Group for updates and discussions: www.facebook.com/indiacor |
15. I am in chennai. Is there people part of India Against Corruption? How can I join them
You join with IAC Chennai group by providing your contact info in this form
Also you can Join in
What are you waiting for. Already 2nd Freedom fight has started… Be part of history.